I am proud to be supporting Community Connect – an initiative set up by Somerset Council.
Community Connect is an innovative approach to adult social care that is now benefitting local people and communities across the whole of Somerset. It is a partnership between community and voluntary organisations, Adult Social Care services and health services, who work together to provide advice and support to help people live as independently as possible in their community.
Community Connect can help people in many ways, including:
- They can get information and advice quickly
- They can get the support they need to stay independent
- They can get help to find out what is happening in their community and meet new people
- They can find out about volunteering opportunities
- They can find out about equipment to support people to live at home.
- If they are a carer, they can get advice and support to help with their caring role.
People can visit drop-ins across the county to have a conversation with someone and get quick and useful advice. They can speak to Community Agents and Village Agents (employed by the Community Council for Somerset), health professionals, Adult Social Care workers and community organisations, such as the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, and volunteers.
Dates and venues of all the drop-ins can be found the Somerset Council website.
More information about Community Connect (download the Community Connect leaflet).